Energy-saving generally not only means saving money, but reducing carbon emissions etc too.
Money Savings Expert’s top 10 Energy Savings tips
Contains, in brief:
- Got a combi boiler?
- The cheapest ways to heat yourself up (without having to heat the home).
- Control which rooms you heat, so you’re not wasting cash.
- Take the one-degree challenge… try dropping your thermostat temp.
- LED lights can cut the cost of Christmas displays.
- Do you dilute your hot water with cold to stop your bath/shower being too hot?
- Use the microwave for smaller dishes – it’s cheaper than the oven.
- Layer clothes to keep in the heat.
- Turn draught detective.
- Electric blankets from £23, fleece hoodies from £14.